November 4, 2021
Professor Alexander Kitroeff of Haverford College will be speaking on “Greek America’s Commemorations of 1821: the Role of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese from 1922 to the Present”
Introductory remarks: Consul General of Greece in San Francisco, Socrates Sourvinos
- Thursday, November 4, 2021 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church Hellenic Center, 616 Alhambra Blvd
- Musical performance by Angelica Whaley and the Orestis Koletsos Ensemble
- Hors d’œuvres and refreshments
- Tickets: $25.00 per person or $175.00 for a table of 8
I was born in Athens, Greece in 1955 and completed all my high school and university studies in the United Kingdom. After doing my national service in Greece I moved to the United States in 1986 to pursue an academic career. I taught at the Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies Center at Queens College, the Hellenic Studies Program at Princeton University, the History Department at Temple University, the History Department and the Onassic Center for Hellenic Studies at New York University, and began teaching at Haverford College in 1996.
My research and publishing focuses on nationalism and ethnicity in modern Greece and its diaspora, and its manifestations across a broad spectrum, from politics to sports.
Angelica Whaley and the Orestis Koletsos Ensemble
For more information, contact Dr. Katerina Lagos at: email@example.com